- This event has passed.
Animal Care Volunteer Program
March 24, 2023 @ 8:00 am - November 30, 2023 @ 5:00 pm
The San Bernardino County Department of Public Health has launched an Animal Care Volunteer Program and encourages everyone age 18 or older, who may be interested in volunteering, to visit the HR recruitment website to learn more! Creating a safe, clean, and loving environment for the animals under the County’s care while maximizing adoptions are top priorities of the Animal Care team and they are looking forward to partnering with volunteers in this shared vision.
The department has four incredible volunteer opportunities available:
Animal Care Host
- Greet visitors in the front office and offer tours.
- Help introduce adoptable animals to a potential adopter.
- Share tips you’ve learned about how to be a good pet parent and inform people about the benefits of adopting.
- Share resources with potential adopters.
Enrichment Specialist Volunteer
- Support dogs or cats with walking, bathing, and multi-dog playgroup activities.
- Pet and comfort dogs, cats, and rabbits.
- Read to animals.
Outreach Team Volunteer
- Photograph animals, write about them, and submit drafts to the Media Team and Volunteer Coordinator to be shared online.
- Attend community events with the Outreach Team and help promote pet adoptions, responsible pet ownership, and shelter prevention.
Shelter Services Volunteer
- Help ensure kennel cards, adoption and/or ‘rescue only’ signs are up to date.
- Organize and track inventory and donated goods.
- Support with cleaning and feeding animals.
- Wash and dry blankets for kennels.
Additional opportunities may continue to be added as needs are identified. To learn more about how to apply to become a volunteer and the minimum requirements, please visit animalcare.sbcounty.gov/volunteer.
If you or someone you know may be interested in volunteering with the Animal Care team and joining in on the mission of providing excellence in compassionate service to the people and pets of our community, we encourage you to apply.