KOLA-FM & KCAL-FM, headquartered in Redlands, CA, are two of the premiere radio stations in Southern California. Operating within the Riverside-San Bernardino radio market, KOLA-FM & KCAL-FM serve a combined 775,000 weekly listeners in the greater Los Angeles area.
The Digital Media Assistant is an important part of KOLA-FM & KCAL-FM’s digital media efforts. This position is responsible for assisting the Digital Media Manager in all departmental efforts including email blasts, social media updates, digital contest creation, and display ad creation for station clients. In addition, the position assists in clerical duties of the department, including organizing and filing, order management and creative brainstorming.
- Assist in the creation, editing and distribution of weekly email blast for both radio stations.
- Assist in the creation of display ads for station clients.
- Assist in the scheduling and management of display ads through Google DoubleClick For Publishers.
- Assist in the design of web pages for station contests using HTML, CSS, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Assist in the creation of blog posts on each station’s website, using tools like WordPress, YouTube and Vimeo.
- Assist in the social media efforts, including copy writing and photography. The ideal applicant understands how to communicate concise, targeted social media messages on various social media platforms.
- Work with sales team to create stand out marketing pieces for our clients.
- Assist in managing paperwork, as well as other clerical duties of the department.
- Shoot photos and videos with digital SLR cameras, using a basic understanding of exposure, composition, lenses and flashes.
- Perform basic audio recording and editing tasks, using Adobe Audition or similar editing program.
- Perform basic digital video tasks, including basic linear editing, importing and cataloging raw video footage and creating simple videos for digital distribution, using Adobe Premiere.
- Analyze key web metrics using Google Analytics and other similar reporting programs.
- Update digital performance reports using Microsoft Excel.
Job Skills Requirements:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work well with different personalities
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, fluid environment.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and take projects to completion
- Ability to interact in a proactive manner with peers and management
- Statistical analysis experience
- Acute attention to detail
- Bachelor’s Degree or other pursuit of higher education strongly preferred
- Minimum 1 year experience in marketing; focus on online marketing
- Technical competency in multiple functional areas of digital marketing including web optimization, social media and photography.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, WordPress, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Dreamweaver and Adobe Illustrator
- Ability to navigate different types of CMS’s (i.e. WordPress, etc.)
- Some understanding of basic photography, including post production
- Some understanding of video editing basics
- Current on industry trends, entertainment news and how to effectively use that knowledge to generate web traffic
- Experience optimizing copy for websites and email communications.
- Experience organizing and posting web content via a Content Management System (CMS).
- Understanding of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) strategies
- Understanding of social media marketing basics
- Familiarity with standard analysis tools such as Google Analytics (preferred), Omniture WebTrends, and Coremetrics.
Email resume, cover letter and samples of work to email@example.com. Start your email subject with the phrase “Digital Media Assistant”.
Job Title: Digital Media Assistant
Job Type: Part-Time
Hours: Up to 25 per week
Location: Redlands, CA