Evanescence was founded in Little Rock, Arkansas in 1995.
Featuring a line-up of bad-ass women who lent their voices to the anthemic chorus in the song, “Use My Voice” was written to celebrate the power of speaking out in order to promote a more just world.
Amy Lee said: “This is an era of awakening, and full of powerful beauty. I hope to inspire others to seek truth, find their own voices and use them as I step up to use mine. Don’t let anybody speak for you. Only you can do that.”
Amy’s top-notch crew of collaborators on “Use My Voice” are:
- Taylor Momsen of The Pretty Reckless
- Lzzy Hale of Halestorm
- Violinist Lindsey Stirling
- Deena Jakoub of Veridia (long-time friend of Amy’s and co-writer of the song)
- Sharon den Adel of Within Temptation
- Amy’s sisters: Carrie South and Lori Lee Bulloch
- Amy McLawhorn, wife of Evanescence guitarist Troy McLawhorn
Watch the “Use My Voice” HeadCount PSA (featuring a clip of the new song) HERE, and register to vote, check your registration, or find out about your remote voting options amidst the COVID-19 pandemic at UseMyVoice.org.
Enjoy & share! –Frank_O